Name: Khristina Godfrey
Phone Number: 1876-829-2825
2015 BFA, Painting, Edna Manley College School of Visual and Performing Arts
2011 Wolmer’s Trust High School for Girls
- Interned at the National Gallery of Jamaica in 2014, program ran for eight (8) weeks in Research and curatorial practice.
- Freelance photographer for seven (7) years, contracted consultant to work with un-women Jamaica, Digicel foundation, fashion designers, artists, campaigns in various capacities such as; stock photography, portrait photography, fine art photography, food photography, event and photo journalism.
- Social media management for Douglas’ Hair and body Salon consulting in the capacity of designing, content creation, and page administrator.
- Volunteer art instructor for Holy Trinity Cathedral 2015, 2016 & 2017 Art and literacy program that lasted for the duration of two (2) weeks.
- Photography assistant instructor for Women Media Watch photography workshop September 2015.
- Acting information and records manager at the National Gallery of Jamaica in 2016 overseeing art, information and relevant records for the collectors and gallery
- Volunteer art instructor for Jacks hill primary and Reach academy Barrington Watson painting program 2016 for a duration of six (6) weeks, where participating students exhibited pieces at the end of the program.
Awards / Exhibitions
2013 JCDC Visual Arts Competition and Exhibition 2013 Bronze awardee
2016 JCDC Visual Arts Competition and Exhibition 2016 Merit awardee
2013 JCDC Visual Arts Competition and Exhibition 2013
2014 JCDC Visual Arts Travelling exhibition 2014, Mandeville
2014 Exhibited and co- curated in ‘Be Uncaged’ 2014 Edna Manley Student exhibition.
2014 Selected and exhibited in Ra Yard Exhibition,Painting department exhibition
2015 Kingston on the Edge (K.O.T.E) group exhibition hosted at Grosvenor Gallery, Fete de la Musique
2016 JCDC Visual arts Competition and exhibition 2016
2017 Curated solo exhibition for art initiative ‘HeavyMannaz’ launching ‘WestKingston17’ in collaboration with Weekly projects.
Williams, A. ( 2016, June 30 ). Khristina Godfrey's life of photography. Retrieved from http://jamaicastar.com/article/jobs-go/20160630/khristina-godfreys-life-photography
Baines, S. ( 2017, February 1 ). Emerging Entrepreneurs | Khristina Godfrey - Merchandising Jamaica's Urban Culture. Retrieved from http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20170201/emergingentrepreneurs-khristina-godfrey-merchandising-jamaicas-urban
Jathan, M. (2015, November 27). 16 Young Jamaican photographers & their stories. Retrieved from http://blog.eliteproductions.photography/2015/11/27/16-young-jamaican-photographers-stories/
McKnight, E. Hansen-. 2013. Kingston Style. December 4. Accessed December 10, 2013. http://www.kingstonstyle.com/2013/12/radar-black-vintage-wizzi-dread/.
—. 2013. Kingston Style. May 14. Accessed May 20, 2013.
Empress Golding, Interview, RJR ‘Talk Up Yout’, Kingston, Jamaica, April 25, 2014 Kristeena Montieth, Interview, Nationwide ‘Talk up yout’, Kingston, Jamaica, July 30, 2016
Simone Clarke-Cooper, Interview, TVJ 'Smile Jamaica', Kingston, Jamaica, July 26, 2016